Friday, July 6, 2007

Nashua River in Pepperell

Last Saturday, June 30th, 2007 My friend Dennis and I went to the Nashua River for a morning paddle before our party that evening. What a spectacular day! We paddled all the way upstream to Rte. 2A where the Squannacook meets the Nashua.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I hadn't paddled much past Rte. 225 this year, and to my surprise, I was able to cover that whole 8-mile-ish stretch and not even fill my basket with trash.
That was a great feeling.

Often, because the volume of trash is high, I have to choose which trash I pick up. I have to decide to pick up the motor oil containers, spray paint, solvents, or other waste before I pick up trash. My logic is that the highly toxic items need to go before the stuff that's mostly just unsightly.

Not sure if the logic really holds up, but it might.

No comments: