Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm no Boy Scout

A couple of months back I saw a Boy Scout troop preparing for a day on the Nashua Rivar at the Oxbow. But then I saw what seemed to be tents and overnight gear. Although they must have gotten special permission to camp, I didn't see a lot of water.

I asked one of the men accompanying the boys if they planned on staying overnight, when he replied "yes" I mentioned that he should try to keep the boys out of the water. (February had just had the report of excessive fecal matter, and I didn't want them to be sick.) He replied that he would be sure they wouldn't swim in it, but that he brought purifying tablets so they could drink it. !!!! Drink it!!!? I strongly suggested they go buy bottled water.

Has anyone heard any reports of an entire Scout Troop being dreadfully ill?

No comments: