Monday, September 8, 2008

Nashua River Clean-Up - Rt. 117

A few weeks ago I went to the Oxbow and there were signs posted about a clean-up project that some volunteers had done. I say good job, thank you for the assistance! However, I went back on that stretch on labor day and discovered that perhaps their claim of "all-clear between the Oxbow and 117" was not quite what they said. I DO appreciate the effort they must have put in, and the river does regularly deposit new material, but check out this stuff - it's NOT brand new - and all of it was between Rt. 117 and the Depot. And this wasn't even all of it - I didn't even start taking pictures for more than a mile or 2.

A tire and some trash...

Big pile of trash...


Paint bucket and a fire extinguisher..


A sled...

Another tire and a propane tank (I took one with me too.)


And another big pile of trash...


Now, I want to repeat that I'm sure the volunteers put in a good effort, but don't claim to have cleaned it all up if you have not.

No comments: